Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 21, 2011

LADY, NEEHARIKA (notice that its not Neeksi)

Pah!
What a post! It took me some time to read through it, and frankly, I was taken aback.
When you told me you were writing a post contradictory to mine, this was certainly not what I expected.

So, Neeharika Patnam, who blogs over here ---> http://www.fizzzybubble.blogspot.com/, made a post that she believes contradicted my earlier post/my beliefs in some way. I have the urge to contradict THAT.
(Note: Im not contradicting too much of what she said in her post. Nice post. The only point is it really didnt contradict mine)

It was Long, but definitely not boring (as I really wanted to read it) and I quite appreciate the work you've put into that post. You taught me something new and ThankYouVeryMuch for that. Unfortunately, I wasn't too happy :P

1)Hardly half of the post was relevant to my post. You seemed to infer that Im a guy who doesnt believe in Miracles OR believes that miracles aren't possible. Unfortunately you were wrong. And, in fact, I DID read up. Not a single bit on what you said but definitely on the topic I wanted to blog about. "SAI BABA".

2)There was nothing offensive about that post. Nothing to change. Quite Happy. =)

3)You're damn right about you're fourth "point". It wasn't just unexpected, but quite unnecessary, seeing that you posted it to "make me a believer". Please understand, I was NEVER a non-believer. I still do believe miracles happen. Unfortunately, Im yet to see on and I was prolly venting my frustation about THAT. Re-read the post. Ive NEVER said I don believe in miracles. However, I do NOT believe in Sai Baba's miracles. My entire post was dedicated to the apparent miracles of that man and No-one else.

4)It is a really complex post. Dont get all sour coz I told you it was unnecessary... It made a good read and Im happy you posted that. Im just saying it did absolutely nothing to contradict my post AND my beliefs. But it definitely gave me new knowledge. Thank you for that!

Now, My responses to the rest of the points on the 1st half :)

A) Vishal from my side : "I didnt say that for it to be taken seriously. Obviously, he cant come back to life and I dont care what he thinks about his death. My whole point was that he should stop saying that he's god and claim that he is capable of materializing stuff. Thats all I meant by that *sarcastic* remark"

B) Now you're wrong about that. The fact is, He Claimed he's god. He might have as well got to a rooftop and announced it with a loudspeaker. HE Claimed he is god and in his own words (probably a little bit off) : "I am god. I can materialize the ring that Ram gave Sita" Then, he rotates his arm around, "produces" a ring and says "This is the ring that Ram gave Sita".

No Kidding. He actually did that. In 2009 (or early 2010), he visited Tamil Nadu for a discourse and HE DID THAT. It was telecast live on TV (DD Podhigai) and I do remember retorting "Bull****" very loudly and getting a frown from my mom.

C) I agree. That didnt contradict anything I said, too. None of us should have a problem if he's homosexual. But, If you actually did watch the YT series and/or followed Baba's life. You'll know that he "calls" a 'lucky' devotee to talk to him in person, in private. Now once again, I state that I dont have proof of this and that these are serious allegations made by a BBC documentary. Apparently, on different occasions, he has called 2 Americans and 3 Europeans inside and Actually Molested them.(He might have called much more, only 5 ppl in the BBC doc.) I really dont want to get int to details, but go watch the YT series for it. There's this 'ex-devotee' who says "When Baba called me inside, I felt very lucky and honoured. .... But I was confused, He pulled up his robe, revealing his entire lower body to me and motioned to me suggesting that I was supposed to put his .... in my mouth"

Again NO PROOF. But these allegations Are Damn serious.  I agree, he does not FORCE people to follow him. But he does claim he's god, claim he is capable of miracles, with an intention to make people trust him and then, (allegedly) molested them.
Thats what I have a problem with. His teachings are good, we take them. But, he absolutely cant cheat people with the intention of getting his own sexual pleasure.

Thats exactly the same problem everyone has with Nithyanand. He gains the trust of these young girls and then, sexually assaults them after calling them in for a "private teaching".

Thats it, I guess. I feel no need to touch upon the rest of the post. Ive made my feelings about them clearly, I believe. THIS is exactly what I was worried about though... that people would misinterpret me and believe I dont believe in miracles or that I dont believe in god. I believe in both. I just dont believe in Sai Baba :P

AGAIN..... Sai Baba has helped the society a lot... (schools and hospitals, water for drought affected Chennai). I am COMPLETELY neutral about my view on him, though it may seem I am not. He has done a LOT of good and has apparently done a lot of bad too.

Finally, Neeharika, once again, thanks for that information you gave me at the end.

Inbox me or Chat on Facebook if you require clarity about my stance on any of the above topics before posting another "contradictory" post.

Wishing Not to be Misinterpreted again
Adios Amigos,
Vikas =)

4 comments: